> Today the community still has in force an explicit vote prohibiting thee
merge of this work.

You referred to an explicit vote here.  I assume that was the one you were
referring to?  Yes, the community should decide.
Call a vote if you think the community thinks we should continue the freeze
vs continuing to rely on beliefs about the community.

I'm simply pointing out the branching of 4.0 post beta was the plan of last
record.

Jake