> I can only speak for myself, but I am happy to ensure future releases
> follow this policy once it is clearly stated as an official ASF policy by
> the official policy documentation.

+1

I recommend that the PMC continues its vote on 4.0-rc1.

With the understanding that the ASF updates the policy documentation to be
clear and accurate, and we work fast at fixing the issues for the next
release that occurs once those doc updates are in place. Getting 4.0-rc1
out with the same state as a hundred or more previous releases is fine IMO,
until the ASF docs are clear and don't require knowledge of precedence,
legal tickets, ML threads, and individual's interjections.

Justin, your help on the LICENSE (1) and NOTICE (4) would be greatly
appreciated. Missing copyright headers are already fixed. And if
CASSANDRA-16391 can't be done quickly I can look into how to hack the
release process to replace lib/ with a curl script.

cheers,
Mick