> I've also added a discussion item to the next board meeting.

Thanks.

To the PMC: the next boarding meeting is on 21st April, so we have time to
get this release out and probably more as well (hopefully with the fix
for CASSANDRA-16391) before that date.

To Justin: the board agenda item¹ as it is currently raised does not
represent our position or our request.

The issue we asked you to escale was an improvement to the docs to help us
move forward, quickly and with confidence.

Would you mind switching hats here and also representing the project by
including the following items:
 - the project is actively working on addressing the fault,
 - the project has taken this approach since incubation²,
 - no one has mentioned it until now, and in the middle of a release vote
are expecting an impromptu change,
 - there is agreement, in the project and on legal³, that the ASF policy
docs are not clear on the matter and needs to be improved,
 - the project is very keen to see those docs improved asap so to be
confident of changes they invest in.

I am more than happy to go in and edit the '8A Discuss action on Cassandra
releases', if that saves you time?

regards,
Mick

[1]