Hi Hugi,

Let me try to sell you on the "get" prefix.  :-)

(I did a lot of WebObjects/EOF in the past, in Objective-C and Java, so I
understand the reluctance.)

* The "get" prefix is part of the JavaBeans standard/contract.  With the
exception of "is" for booleans (with a little "b").

* There are tons of Java frameworks out there that expect and utilize the
JavaBeans contract, so it is great for folding external frameworks into
your code.  Or folding Cayenne into other frameworks, such as Tapestry.  I
can specify Cayenne object/relationship paths in Tapestry (and other
frameworks) such as
t:value="currentItem.resourceSummary.grossCost.costs.continuingFootnote"
(real example).  Since Tapestry expects the JavaBeans contract and Cayenne
provides it, this works flawlessly.

* In Eclipse (and others, I'm sure) I can do anObject.get[pause or
control-space] and see all the getters associated with that object.
Without the get prefix, they are spread out a-z and therefore you can't get
as concise a list.

mrg