I do the same Erik. Sometimes I merge the changes from the authors branch
directly without creating a local copy (using the command mentioned in the
pull request mail).

+1 on 2 manual reviews per PR irrespective of how trivial it is.

-1 on squashed commits. If the author thinks that the change deserves more
than one commit, it should be that way. Fast forwarding >1 commits and
merging doesnt make any sense. The PR information is lost on all the
previous commits except for the one where the PR is mentioned.

~Rajani