Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> >>I noticed that jtidy has been moved out of html block and into
> >>lib/optional. What will happen if I to remove jtidy from the
> >>lib/optional? Will this break the build?
> >>

> >Yepp, you can see it in the gump.xml dependency description.
> >

> But that means that we are busting build even more instead of fixing it?

Vadim, this is a point a stressed several times in the last months, but
noone was really interested. Yes, we have a problem with libs, e.g. we
have the same lib (velocity) at different places!

We are not "busting the build". Currently, if two blocks require the same
lib, it has to be in lib/optional. When the blocks directory structure
was built, someone moved the libs into the blocks directories making it
impossible to use the same jar in several projects. Now, each time
a second block needs the jar we have to move it :(
As I pointed out several times, this can be solved with an updated build
system where we have all jars in lib/optional. These jars are not copied
automatically to WEB-INF/lib. They are only copied if a included block
depends on them.

Carsten