Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> XPath is a must-have when you deal with XML documents while
> Jexl is mostly useless in that case but is straightforward
> when you deal with JavaBeans. I also agree that understanding
> the difference between "${continuation.id}" and
> "#{$continuation/id}" is less than evident.
>
> So what about a unified syntax for expansion tokens, within
> which different languages could be used. Example:
> - ${continuation.id} // Jexl, default syntax
> - ${xpath:$continuation/id} // xpath
> - ${im:defaults:skin} // input-module
> - ${ognl:$continuation.id} // OGNL [1]

Hmm, one of the things I really don't like with JXTG is that you
have to different expression languages. You never know which to
use and some things work only with one specific language.
And for me this comes near to FS :)

So, let's decide on one language that we think is the best, but
let's provide a hook so others can plugin their language if *they*
want to.

Carsten