Torsten Curdt wrote:

> [...]

+1

>>> I wish it was that simple. I looked at it a month or so ago. A royal
>>> PITA.  Unfortunately, I also think it is very necessary. We really  need
>>> to get the 3rd party jars out of our download.

+1, but using maven should not stop us from building an all-in
distribution like we do now. Maven is flexibly enough to handle both cases.

> I've talked to Brett a few days ago.
> AFAIU the maven community would really
> love to see us switch to maven2 ...and
> help us as good as they can.

cool. The mailinglist is very responsive but it's always good to have a
helping hand on the inside :)

> They don't have the resources to give
> us hands-on support but maybe it would
> be worthwhile discussion a migration plan
> with them.

agreed, and therefore :

> I think the first step would be to
> explain how it works currently.

Yup. Can we try and compile an overview of the different (logical) tasks
the current build system handles ? Or is this a case of sifting through
the ant build files and track the targets being executed ? Does anyone
have the overview here?

Jorg