On 10/31/15 3:35 AM, Uwe Barthel wrote:
> Hi Siegfried,
>
> Thanks for your clarification.
>
> It's really commonly use to bypass the incubator for small projects to become
> Apache Commons subproject status?

Apache Commons is one project - we don't have subprojects.  We have
accepted code grants directly before, sometimes into new components,
sometimes merged in to existing components.  The key is as Mark
pointed out whether or not we have interest already here in Commons
in working on the code.  if that is the case, we can just accept the
code grant and work with the community as we do on other components;
otherwise it makes sense to try to grow community either in the
Incubator or elsewhere before we accept the code.

Phil