[x] -1 We should not do this because...

For the record, I am also -1 to this code contribution, at least if done in
this way.  I would be happy to have this go through the incubator and build
some community around it first so that we can make sure we dot all the i's
and cross all the t's with respect to IP clearance, etc.  When/if I got
some time, I'd be interested in poking around under the hood.  I would also
like to see these folks come along for the ride with their code.