On 11/1/15 8:40 PM, James Carman wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 1, 2015 at 10:37 PM Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 11/1/15 8:35 PM, James Carman wrote:
>>> [x] -1 We should not do this because...
>>>
>>> For the record, I am also -1 to this code contribution, at least if done
>> in
>>> this way.  I would be happy to have this go through the incubator and
>> build
>>> some community around it first so that we can make sure we dot all the
>> i's
>>> and cross all the t's with respect to IP clearance, etc.
>> What exactly are those "i's and t's" that are not included in the
>> clearance template?
>>

> I would rather it go through the official incubation process.  If all of
> those steps have already been taken, then I'm sure it won't take long.

I have to call BS on this and ask "why?"  Just to add adminstrivia?
The IP clearance template is there to clear IP coming into the ASF.
That is what it is for. We have done this before and we know how to
do it.   Other projects have done it.  It is 100% OK to do as long
as the receiving PMC is willing to accept the code.

Phil