Hang on a minute.

Kevin, you officially joined Fundraising 2 years ago, OK.

Whilst there wasn't much activity on-list over the past few years, this was a
committee that actually started in 2003, as part of the PRC activity
(dovetailed fundraising, press, and trademark activities).

fundraising@ launched in ~2005, possibly earlier. Archives go that far back.

When Fundraising spun out in earnest (the PRC split early 2010), we branched
out our functions to three mailing lists
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/d3dd13e2232f16b8a25ad97abc45652684041346f37eb5b2dd99e79e@1268226731@%3Cprc.apache.org%3E

So yes, there may not have been much activity on the fundraising@ and
fundraising-private@ lists in the years prior to your arrival, there have
always been people on the list and working on greater Fundraising initiatives
since its formation, and ASF Sponsorship since establishing the program in 2006.

Please, whilst your personal experience may feel otherwise, let's not engage in
revisionist history. Yes, Fundraising has operated differently in the past
couple of years than it has in years --and much of that has been influenced by
it's Vice President-- but it doesn't mean that nothing existed prior to your
arrival.

I feel it's important to clarify this because I respect you and all our past
Vice Presidents --Hadrian Zbarcea, Upayavira Malcolm Holmes, and Serge
Knystautas-- as well as Daniel Ruggeri as current VP, and those before them,
during the PRC: Brian Fitzpatrick, Jim Jagielski, Justin Erenkrantz, Sander
Striker, and many other unrecognized, under-appreciated volunteers, going back
to Chuck Murko, who helped launched the Treasury.

History is important. Only moving forward without knowing where we came from
escalates our risk of tripping up.

Kind regards,
Sally

- - -