I was in the peanut gallery when Tidelift approached the logging project.

To me, it looked like Tidelift wanted fairly significant service level
guarantees for a very low cost and then wanted to monetize their position of
having such guarantees.

Aside from whether or not the details were right, the overall shape seemed
wrong to me. Long on guarantees and indemnification by the individuals signing
on and short on benefits to the individuals or the project.