I'd like to see a better solution proposed for maintaining vendor
neutrality while funding the individuals working on the project. If
every workable solution is denied, then the only people who can afford
to work on Apache projects would be rich people, retired people, and
those who are being paid by another employer to do the exact same
thing. In fact, this is probably relevant to the demographics here as
discovered in D&I surveys.