Just to close out (as noted elsethread, no changes expected here)

tison wrote on 3/23/24 4:47 AM:
...snip...
Since people tend to use a short ref and "committer" gives a one-word
identifier first image, I'm trying to propose officially alias "PMC Member"
as "Maintainer" so that our wording is aligned.

I like the idea of improving docs, but a Maintainer is not the same as a PMC member. The definition varies a lot in the industry; in particular, I always get the feel that "Maintainers" have a much more individual mindset; while PMCs have a community mindset.

Some references for what people think Maintainers do:

  https://fosssustainability.com/aspects/maintainer#references

--
- Shane
  Member