Based on a previous github comment of yours [1], I was under the
impression that the "-incubating" is only needed on the source tarball.
I'm fine changing if that's the preferred way.

Does this naming convention also apply to the staged jars at
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedaffodil-1000/?

I suspect we'll have an rc2 based on a bug Mike just discovered right as
I sent this email out. So we'll probably cancel this vote and make sure
to have the artifact naming fixed in rc2. We would still be happy to
have you look at the rc1 so that we can fix any other issues as part of rc2.

Thanks,
- Steve

[1]
https://github.com/apache/incubator-daffodil/pull/2#issuecomment-341086865