Hi -

A few quick comments from a partial review of the Source and Binary release.

(1) LICENSE & NOTICE.

(a) The copyright portions that are in the LICENSE on the various licenses
should be moved to the NOTICE. The LICENSE should still include which files are
under the other licenses.

(b) The Open Grid Forum DFDL v1.0 license needs to be confirmed as permissible
by the Legal Affairs committee. This should include guidance about NOTICE vs.
LICENSE. Legal JIRA issues can be created in the issue tracker.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/LEGAL

(2) .rat-excludes

(a) The following should not be excluded. RAT should pick up the licenses as
category A if they are present.
# passera is 3-clause BSD
passera

# copyright Scala BSD license
Utility.scala
UniquenessCache.scala

# copyright w3c with permissive license
XMLSchema.dtd
XMLSchema.xsd
XMLSchema_for_DFDL.xsd
datatypes.dtd
xml.xsd

(b) Test files.

For the future, but not now. There have been debates in other projects.
Guidance from some on legal-discuss@ has been to include license headers in
test files and then have the test tooling eliminate the license so that tests
do not have to take it into account or be rewritten.

Regards,
Dave