Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot schrieb:
> On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 6:58 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
>
>     On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 5:49 PM, Felix Knecht <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>     <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
>
>         If the 2 MF files are identical the one from META-INF can be
>         copied to the target using the <resources /> section in the
>         pom.
>

>     The idea is to get rid of the current META-INF folder. This will
>     not be in SVN anymore.
>
>     The first MF file is to be created when the eclipse:eclipse goal
>     is run (I think this is possible, right?), and to be used by
>     eclipse when launching the plugin to test/debug it.
>     The second MF file is to be used by the Maven Jar plugin when
>     creating the final jar.
>

> Actually, there's no need to generate 2 Manifest files. One at
> ${project}/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF is enough.
>
> Before, I do any modification, I want to make sure, everyone is ok
> with that.
>
> So, the idea is to:
>
>     * have the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF file removed from SVN and added to
>       svn:ignore
>     * have the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF file generated by the Felix Bundle
>       plugin (the configuration of the Manifest is in the pom.xml)
>

> Is this ok with everyone (+1/+-0/-1) ?
+1
IIRC the MANIFEST.MF is also used by Eclipse (but I'm not sure). If so
we need to adapt the documentation about the intial mvn eclipse:eclipse
studio:eclipse stuff.
Note also that studio:eclipse does some modifications in the
MANIFEST.MF. This need to be verified if it still works or isn't needed
anymore when switching to felix bundle plugin.

Regards
Felix