On Saturday 29 August 2009 14:25, T. J. Frazier wrote:
> Hi, Nino,
>
> Nino Novak wrote:
> > Any chances to get the Template:Documentation/MasterTOC localized?
> >
> > As far as I see there are only 4 words (Next/Previous Section/Page)
> > to translate so it would be preferable to have the template ...
> > sorry about my clumsy wording ... behaving "multilanguage" over
> > maintaining localized copies of the same template in every
> > language. I hope you understand what I mean.
> >
> > Nino
>
> The only problem I see is in activating the translation. Do you now
> have to replace or update the template call on every page? If so,
> adding another parameter, "lang=XX" for instance, would not be too
> hard. Here, "XX" is the ISO code.
>
> Then, for each language, we'd need a new template, say "TOC_XX",
> which would be called from the master. All TOC_XX would do is
> translate the one word it was given as a parameter. Writing a new
> one, from the examples of the old ones, should be trivial. Using the
> "_XX" templates within the master is fairly easy, too.
>
> If adding a parameter to the template call would be too much work,
> then please tell me some more about what you do, when you translate a
> page. Maybe I can think of something.

TJ, I'm sorry but I must confess that I did not get the point of your
idea :-(

Could't we try it out on a real world example? Adding another paramter
seems ok. Look at Template:DE/Documentation/WriterGuideTOC which
includes the mentioned Template:Documentation/MasterTOC but with hard
coded link texts to next/previous page/section.

Now I added Lang=DE to the call.

In order to have a testing sandbox I created a copy of
Template:Documentation/MasterTOC and named it Template:TEST/MasterTOC.

How to proceed now?

Nino