On Sunday 30 August 2009 15:20, T. J. Frazier wrote:
> Nino Novak wrote:
> > On Sunday 30 August 2009 12:57, T. J. Frazier wrote:
> >> Technical issue: would it be better to translate by phrase
> >> (examples, "Next Page", "Previous Section") rather than by word
> >> ("Next", and "Page")? This would cut the transclusions to 4, and
> >> let the translators match up the case endings better?
> >
> > definitively yes as only phrases are translated correctly, word by
> > word translation may leed to grammatical problems when words are
> > combined.
> >
> > Nino
>
> I saw your testing of the phrase method; looks really good! :-)

yeah... but ...

I just noticed that the " " (orphan prevention ;-) ) seemed to
break the link. Reverting to normal blank fixed it again. But I have no
idea why.

> You should be able to add "Lang=DE" to the German TOC template calls
> now, since it will be ignored by the current master. The rest should
> happen "automagically", behind the scenes.

As all pages are still in my userspace there is no need to hurry. I want
to finish the whole localized Writer Guide first and only thereafter
move it into its original place.

> I only await some word from Clayton, as to how he would like the
> names to look. Then somebody (probably me) will make it happen.

I just had an (awful) idea: Why not using arrow images for prev/next
page? That would avoid the whole translation complexity ...
(just a thought ... then different arrows were necessary for prev/next
section links...)

> BTW, thanks for the testing set-up and help. It was very useful.

The same to you :-)

Nino