Clayton wrote:
Nino Novak wrote:
Good evening to all,

just had a first problem: the breadcrumb shown at the top of a subpage displays the original page title, not the DISPLAYTITLE variable content. Any ideas how to get it localized? Would it be an desirable solution to use redirects? Example: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User:Nnino/Drafts/DE/Documentation/OOoAuthors_User_Manual/Writer_Guide is a redirect. Its subpage /Copyright is also a redirect to the localized Version.

Hmmmm that's likely another side effect of not using Namespaces for the
different languages in the Wiki.  The breadcrumb uses the actual page
title, not the DISPLAYTITLE which is just a re-write of the actual page
title.

I don't have any suggestions.  Using redirects may work, but it could
get messy long term.  Maybe TJ has a brainwave here :-)  It would be
nice to find a workable solution to this since it affects all translated
pages. Maybe we need to come at it from another angle?

C.

Sorry, sounds like a PHP problem. My totally ignorant guess is that the breadcrumb code uses something (at the PHP level) like {{PAGENAME}} (at the wiki-code level). Maybe (or maybe not) it could use {{DISPLAYTITLE}} equivalent, if that could return {{PAGENAME}} by default.

Redirects sound like a bad idea to me. Some industrious soul is liable to come along and clean them up. (My 2ยข.)

--
/tj/