It seems to me the main blockers are:

1. DRILL-4547    Javadoc fails with Java8   <-- Can we split up the work
among few people to resolve these ?
2. DRILL-6216    Metadata mismatch..         <-- Agreement was to revert
one small piece of code and it appears Sorabh is looking into it
3. TestDrillbitResilience.cancelAfterAllResultsProduced  <-- need someone
to look into this

Regarding the JDBC issues that Parth mentioned, looking at the JIRAs, it
seems they are not showstoppers...Parth do you agree ?

Since we are close to the finish line for JDK 8, IMO we should try and see
if in another day or two we can get over these hurdles.

-Aman