Yes I agree. JDBC would be a new feature that we can defer to 1.14.0.
I'm hoping we can resolve the other three in the next few days. Target date
for starting release process - Friday Mar 9th

Once these are resolved, I will create a branch for the release so that
Apache master remains open for commits. If any issues are found in the
release branch, we will fix them in master and I will cherry-pick the into
the release branch. Once the release is finalized I will add a release tag
and  remove the branch.

Also note if QA folks want to get started on testing the release, the
current head of Apache master is close to final. Javadoc generation is only
 a release build issue, and the other issues are localized to specific
cases.

Note: to reproduce the javadoc issues:
   # set JAVA_HOME to JDK 8
   mvn javadoc:javadoc -Papache-release