Parth,  would it work if you made the pom.xml changes locally in your
branch, generated the javadoc but only commit the javadoc jar files to the
release branch, not the pom.xml changes ?
Anyone downloading Drill source code to build should not run into this
since typically they won't be building javadoc.

-Aman