Thanks for asking, unfortunately I wouldn't have the time to follow along a
chat channel. Having said that, I think it's a great idea, and can only
encourage the community to set this up, and use it. One thing to keep in
mind perhaps is that not everyone will be on chat, so do use chat for
helping to answer people's questions, have discussions, etc but do it in
addition to not instead of still also posting major news on list, raise
JIRA, leave comments in PRs, etc.