For the use case you want, Discord will work better or a separate slack
work group. I only suggested ASF Slack as we already had a channel there
which is not being used.

But go ahead and setup the Discord workspace. I have no objection...But the
best help will usually be obtained on the mailing list as most experience
people are here.

Also dicussing issues on Github PRs and JIRA tickets has more long term
history and categorization which will ease someone doing postmortems or
research around issues...

At the end of the day, discussions around open source projects should be
Open by default. There is a saying at the ASF that "If it did not happen on
list, then it never happened"

Thanks.
Awasum