Hi,

> IMO, the Adobe code is a third-party work as defined here:
> http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#3party

Note that in this case I believe it would fall under:
"5. Major modifications/additions to third-party should be dealt with on a
case-by-case basis by the PMC."

Not this:
"4. Minor modifications/additions to third-party source files should typically
be licensed under the same terms as the rest of the rest of the third-party
source for convenience."

So it's really up to us to decide but if you want to drag legal into it go
ahead.

> In the meantime, those files should probably retain the Adobe copyright and
> BSD header.

See 4 vs 5 above. IMO the headers don't need to change.