Hi,

officially, we currently do not want to support rescaling from (incremental)
checkpoints, but only from savepoints. For this reason, I would not consider
this a blocking issue.

Unofficially, I think we are not too far away from supporting this, but there
is a question mark behind the efficiency. The procedure will involve redundant
data shuffling and reconstruction efforts because incremental checkpoints
cannot track key-groups.

Best,
Stefan