Just some thoughts concerning the cons for cancelling RC3:

- Technically, the release is already delayed since the official release
date was the 26th of May
- Not sure whether it's a good argument to defer fixing major bugs because
they have not been introduced with 1.3.0. It's actually alarming that these
things have not been found earlier given that we test our releases
thoroughly.
- The shared serializer surfaced in the form of a cryptic
ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException. Only if you realize that this is related to
a shared StateDescriptor you can look for a workaround. It took me 2h to
realize that.

Cheers,
Till