Mathias Bauer wrote:

Hi Mathias,

For OOo we still don't provide patches, just full installation sets. And
to avoid misunderstandings: the new function will not download anything,
it just can make users aware that a new version is available. This can
change in later versions, but for the moment we wanted to get a start.

Yes, I had understood that it was simply a notification function, and not automated upgrade, I still think that is preferable to automatically starting an upgrade, especially if you are on dial-up or low data rate connections. I don't think many users in less developed countries would take well to having to spend between 2 and 6 hours on the upgrade of one piece (certainly a large piece) of software.

Alex