Martin Damboldt schrieb:
Sophie Gautier schrieb:
Hi Martin,
Martin Damboldt wrote:
Hi Sophie

Sophie Gautier schrieb:
Hi Martin,

Thank you for this information and for this new feature.
How the availability of new versions in different languages will be handled ? You know that some of our versions are not available as stable because they have not been qa'ed by our team, or are available later than the EN one for the same QA process reasons. Is this something that we should discuss between the QA project, NLC project and Website project or is it a mechanism that you have already considered ?

well, currently a release includes around 54 languages. If there is any further language, yes that one will not be considered today.

I think we didn't understand each other :) Regarding our status page (http://qa.openoffice.org/localized/status.html) not all the release that Sun delivers are available and not at the same time, it depends on how our QA team goes.

Ah, now I got you. Well, I will continue to work on this and gather further items on this. At the end there might be some kind of tool where each update notification for the corresponding language pack / version might be triggered separately.

Martin

Regarding language packs and online update. Any idea how the notification should behave in a scenario where a user has an English product with additional language packs for German and French for example. In case the user uses French during the point in time when he checks for updates, when should he get a positive notification?

a) only when all three languages are available as update
b) when at least his current UI language is available
c)...

Any ideas?

regards,
Martin