I feel like the htrace core library doesn't really need active development,
but I worry that retiring htrace will encourage other projects to drop it
as a dependency. If it had a home as a subproject, perhaps people would
continue to use it even if releases were infrequent. IMO that would be
preferable to retirement. I'd be on board if a TLP wanted to adopt htrace
as a subproject, but I also expect I will continue to only have time for
votes and not development.