Hi Sheng,

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 2:55 PM, <
dev-digest-h...@htrace.incubator.apache.org> wrote:

> From: Sheng Wu <wu.sheng.841...@gmail.com>
> To: Adrian Cole <adrian.f.c...@gmail.com>, dev@htrace.incubator.apache.org,
> d...@skywalking.incubator.apache.org
> Bcc:
> Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2018 18:36:17 +0800
> Subject: Re: Re: [VOTE] Retire HTrace from Incubation
> Hi, Adrian and HTrace community.
>
> Glad to be invited. I am the creator and PPMC of SkyWaking, which is a new
> incubator project: https://incubator.apache.org/projects/skywalking.html
>
> Right now, SkyWalking provide Agent based SDK, such OpenTracing APIs and
> our own APIs. But I am not familiar with HTrace's APIs. But there is two
> very easy ways
> 1. Add a new module to provide a library
> 2. Provide another API library with the agent.
>
> Or HTrace community guys have any suggestion.
>
> Anyway, I and skywalking team want to help.

There is absolutely nothing preventing the above work to go ahead right
now. The most recent HTrace artifacts (htrace-4.2.0-incubating) can be
found at [0] with the Maven artifacts present at [1]. Maybe this would be a
useful GSoC effort I am not sure. It doesn't however look like the folks on
dev@htrace have time to be engaged in that effort however I am may be
completely wrong.

Lewis

[0] http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/htrace/