>"Ryan Bloom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> If you want to use gzip, then zip your data before putting it on-line.
That
>> doesn't help generated pages, but perl can already do gzip, as can PHP.

Let me expose my mod_gzip user experience.

I'm using it for more that 9 months on Apache 1.3 servers and never
had any problems with it. It's really a great piece of code and all
my end users are more than happy to get their stuff quicker.

What about asking Jean-loup Gailly and Mark Adler about
the leaks in zlib library, and possible fixes ? In case of severe
problem, you could still add a warning to mod_gzip potential
users.

>And Tomcat 4.x :)
>Pier

Hello, Pier, happy to see your here also.

Compression is a time consuming task and I'd rather like to see it
handled by native code instead of  java code.

Of course the same thing is true for Crypto operation, and that's why
I was more than happy to see mod_ssl contributed to Apache 2.0 :)))