On Sunday 02 September 2001 11:07, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 02, 2001 at 12:43:09PM -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> > > The gzip content encoding is part of the HTTP spec.
> >
> > By implementation, or reference?  Sure Content-encoding is part of the
> > spec, and it's defined to allow authors to extend their support to any
> > number of encodings, and forces the server to use only what the client
> > claims as supported encodings.
>
> gzip is mentioned explicitly in RFC 2616 as a supported content-encoding
> (one registered with IANA).
>
> > +1 with caviat to follow.
>
> Cool.  BTW, do these +1 (concept) votes count towards mod_gz's
> inclusion?  I now count three binding +1 (concepts) for this (Cliff,
> Greg, and OtherBill).  Or, do I need to wait until I receive two
> +1s for mod_gz explicitly?

This is not a 3 +1's and it's in issue.  This is a topic currently under
discussion, and adding it to the server now would be rude.  This is also
a large enough issue, that it really should be given at least three days for
people who aren't on list to speak up and have an opportunity to comment.

Ryan
Ryan Bloom                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Covalent Technologies                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]