On Sun, Sep 02, 2001 at 01:59:16PM -0700, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> This is not a 3 +1's and it's in issue.  This is a topic currently under
> discussion, and adding it to the server now would be rude.  This is also
> a large enough issue, that it really should be given at least three days for
> people who aren't on list to speak up and have an opportunity to comment.

I was *never* intending to add it without consensus.  I was merely wanting
to clarify a point of order.  Since I am a relative newbie, I am not
sure what the meaning of "+1 (concept)" is.  I now take your position to
be that they do not count.  That is fine with me.  I'm not in a rush
here.  The code isn't going to change.  If the Remote Communications
people happen to submit a patch for inclusion for httpd-2.0, I will
consider that as well.

As I understood it, it requires consensus among the Apache Group
members (the only people who can cast binding votes - but we definitely
solicit other people's comments and suggestions).  We have at this time:

-1 (non-veto): Ryan
+1 (concept): Cliff, Greg, OtherBill
+1 (concept and mod_gz): Justin

(If I'm misrepresenting *anyone*, please let me know...)

Based on the feedback I have received on-list, my +1 for mod_gz stands.

Ryan, you are perfectly free to change your vote to a veto and this
discussion now becomes tabled.  Unless, of course, we can convince you
to change your mind.  Or, does this become a majority vote?  Again,
I defer in matters of procedure to those who have been here longer
than I.  This has gotten way of out proportion for a silly little
module.  =-)  -- justin