On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, john sachs wrote:

> i applied this patch and the mod_include test fails in the same spot
> as it has been. content file has: <!--#include
> file="extra/inc-extra1.shtml"-->
>
> 'include file' with relative path to file not in same path as the file
> you are requesting.

Yep.  This patch has no effect on that.  It's probably not mod_include
that needs patching, but rather the core.  I was hoping OtherBill could
enlighten us on what the Right Way to fix it is... because I have very
little idea myself.

Last I heard, Bill suggested we just set r->uri=NULL in that case and just
test for (r->uri) in all places we use r->uri, rather than setting r->uri
to some bogus string.  I'm all for it, if we're convinced that that's the
right thing to do.  I'll take a stab at patching it that way tomorrow just
for grins.

--Cliff