Hi,

I understand many people still are with 1.3 and don't want to change because
it's stable.
But Coding modules with 1.3 is definitively not easy and require many time
core patch.

Apache 2.0 was design to give many really good features like threaded mpm,
filters etc...
When you look others web server, you can see Apache 2.0 is a good response
to IIS 6, but is still unstable.
Did you see all performances the others web server give ? did you see all
new features provided by all new web server ?
Only Apache 2.0 is able to offer the same services. No mem_cache in apache
1.3, No filters, noway to change output data without patching the core.
When you compare actual fashion which is to offer webserver with a coding
api to make dynamic website etc, i think Apache 2.0 is the solution, and
more, maybe include directly into it mod_php and mod_perl.

Apache 1.3 is still used and really stable, yes, but needs are changing more
and more and i think it's time to do more and more effort on Apache 2.0 to
make it stable, powerfull, and easy to use. It's my humble option :)

Regards,
Matthieu