On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 02:34:47PM -0800, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> --On Sunday, November 16, 2003 5:20 PM -0400 "Marc G. Fournier"
> >
> >'k, maybe expand the comment in the INSTALL file to address this?
>
> Well, we've asked for confirmation of FreeBSD threading 'working' on the
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] - which as a platform-specific issue is the 'right'
> mailing list for this topic - not [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> FWIW, the FreeBSD port maintainer has asked us to enable threads on all
> versions, but we've (so far) yet to receive a reply that indicates that the
> FreeBSD's threading works properly.  The only reply we received so far was
> that it isn't fixed with FreeBSD - even 5.1.  So, if you have something to
> add, please contribute on the right list.

I compiled it on a 4.9-CURRENT machine two days ago and it failed
(even after working around some problems with atomics) by deadlocking.
Connections were established but no responses ever returned. I wasn't
even able to knock a request out of the blocked state by hitting it
from another client.

-aaron