Hi,
> I'll take this as a resounding no, and that the draft package is
> sufficient.  Moving it within 24 hrs unless I hear a specific
> technical objection.
I've heard from a couple of users that they prefer *.zip archives rather than
the *.msi files; and hacked a WSH script to fix the config files when using a
zip distribution. So I think it would be great to disribute a *.zip archive too
in addition to the *.msi.

Regarding certificate creation I've hacked another simple WSH script a while
ago, and got some positive feedback; however currently its not perfect yet
since I had not the time to fully go trough all openssl settings;
I use currently this:
openssl req -x509 -nodes -days 999 -subj "/[EMAIL
PROTECTED]/C=US/ST=Oregon/L=Portland/O=Example Organisation/OU=IT
Unit/CN=www.example.com" -newkey rsa:1024 -keyout server.key -out server.crt

these certs are accepted by Apache and enable SSL access - however I get
warnings in the error log:
[Wed Mar 21 02:11:55 2007] [warn] RSA server certificate is a CA certificate
(BasicConstraints: CA == TRUE !?)

hints welcome!

If someone wants to play with the WSH script you can find it here:
http://www.gknw.net/vb/scripts/MkCerts.vbs

Although I'm not a big WSH fan - I think it makes sense on Win32 since its
almost there, and the user doesnt need to install / download another tool just
to fix confs or create certs.

Guenter.