Hi Yann,

> On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 1:45 PM, Jim Jagielski <j...@jagunet.com> wrote:
> > There's nothing in the way we handle UDS that prevents "reuse"
> > even understanding that we use the term "reuse" to mean both
> > "cache the IP address" and "use the connection as a one-shot".
> > There's no diff between UDS and sockets from the module PoV.
>
> +1

+1 as well, this is my understanding too.

> The comment in proxy_fcgi says:
>
>     /* This scheme handler does not reuse connections by default, to
>      * avoid tying up a fastcgi that isn't expecting to work on
>      * parallel requests.  But if the user went out of their way to
>      * type the default value of disablereuse=off, we'll allow it.

     */

This comment in the code was also a bit weird, what does it mean "a fastcgi
that isn't expecting to work on parallel requests" ? Even if reuse is off
multiple FCGI requests can land to the same FCGI backend at the same time
no? What does reuse=on do more other than forcing a worker to reuse the
same socket?

> So could it be an fpm/application bug, maybe also suggested in the
> link provided by Luca where it's also said that the issue happens with
> other servers too (e.g. nginx)?

I left a comment in the website asking for how to reproduce the issue, hope
to get an answer. If so I'll report back my findings :)

Luca