On Sat, Nov 4, 2017 at 9:28 AM, Marion & Christophe JAILLET
<christophe.jail...@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> So 2.5.0-alpha will be RTC.
> Good for me, it is what I personally prefer.

It is not clear to me when we'd branch trunk to 2.5 vs. just rolling
alphas from trunk.

Bill seemed to have the strongest opinion on this, but I don't want to
read too much into the language.

> Will it be a fork of latest 2.4.x and trunk things will have to be
> proposed, voted and backported?
> Or will it be a fork from trunk with things likely never (IMHO) really
> reviewed?
>
> My own opinion is a copy of 2.4.x + RTC process because I think it is
> safer. But I'm not sure it is what others have in mind.

Definitely trunk, but I considered this same kind of 2.4->2.5 proposal
but decided to keep quiet.  A big dependency on this choice is the
goals and the effect on people with other goals.

(Sorry if you see two copies of this, I thought I had replied but my
outgoing mail / thread had no trace. I also went out on a limb on the
first note; re delayed 2.5 branch that may be wrong)