> Am 24.11.2017 um 21:06 schrieb Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>:
>

> On 11/24/2017 07:22 PM, Steffen wrote:
>> -1
>>

>> *mod_ssl*
>> -----------
>> mod-ssl, as pointed before is going to contain experimental code. Seen so
>> far only patched mod-ssl tested with mod_md.
>>

> If mod_md is not loaded mod_ssl does nothing different except for one log
> message. All other code is actually only
> executed if mod_md is loaded.
>

>> btw.
>> ----
>> I am new to svn and did not used the patches file in /patches but latest
>> git,
>> not clear to me against what I have to patch (trunk, 2.4 or trunk_md ?):I
>> like to see the patched/new files.
>
> The patches needs to be applied to the svn branch they are proposed against.
> In this case 2.4.
>

> Two other questions to the patch though:
>
> 1. mod_md.h is required as it is included by ssl_engine_init.c but it is not
> included in the patch.

The idea was to backport the mod_ssl changes *after* mod_md is backported. Then
the header would be found. I made the patches separate so that the ssl changes
would not drown in the other changes.

> 2. Who is consumer of modssl_read_encrypted_pkey?

Good catch. At one time, I imagined providing encrypted keys from mod_md to
mod_ssl. However that never happened and the utility function is left stranded.
Will remove and update the patch.

Thanks for reviewing!

-Stefan