> On Feb 9, 2018, at 12:04 AM, William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>
> Since you won't permit 2.6/3.0 to come into existence, we can presume this
> was just a strawman?

That is a false statement. If enough people wanted 2.6/3.0 to come
into existence, it would have.

All I want is new functionality to be in our end-users hands
in a reasonable time-frame. The *only* way to do that is
via back porting to 2.4.x, due to the amount of time it
will take to release 2.6/3.0. During that time, httpd will further
lag behind, providing ammunition for further FUD and, IMO,
not serving our community well.

I will make a commitment: as soon as we get 2.4.30 out, assuming
it has PROXY and uwsgi support, I will focus on helping get
2.6/3.0 out on a fast-track schedule. My plan will be to
have a GM by sometime in May.