On 09 Feb 2018, at 7:12 AM, William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:

[Why] would you compare 8192 byte strings as identifiers?

I just checked the code, and as I suspected the “name” field isn’t a name, or an identifier, it’s actually a URL prefix.

When a balancer is found to match, the “balancer:foo” is removed, and replaced by the name, with the rest of the URL postfixed to it.

As you can see - we’re currently arbitrarily limiting the length of the URL prefix to 256 characters, because 640k is big enough for everybody.