Hm, it work for me on Centos 6 and 7. What lua packages have you installed?
I only have the 64 bit versions installed. Do you have 32 bit versions
installed as well?

> This wasn't pretty; candidate 2.4.30 build on current fedora...
>
> /path/build/libtool --silent --mode=link gcc  -g -O2 -pthread
> -L/path/lib      -o mod_lua.la -rpath /path/modules -module
> -avoid-version  lua_apr.lo lua_config.lo mod_lua.lo lua_request.lo
> lua_vmprep.lo lua_dbd.lo lua_passwd.lo -L/usr/lib -llua -lm -lcrypt
> /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libm.so when searching for -lm
> /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libcrypt.so when searching
> for -lcrypt
> /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libpthread.so when
> searching for -lpthread
> /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libc.so when searching for -lc
>
> -L/usr/lib ? That's F'ed up.
>
> LUA_CFLAGS='-I/usr/include'
> LUA_LIBS='-L/usr/lib -llua -lm'
> MOD_LUA_LDADD='-L/usr/lib -llua -lm -lcrypt '
>
> are our mistakes. Not sure this is a regression, but it is nonsense.

Hm, it works for me on Centos 6 and 7. What lua packages do you have installed?
I only have the 64 bit versions installed. Do you have 32 bit versions
installed as well?
But having a quick look over modules/lua/config.m4 seems to confirm the
nonsense you state
and it seems to be luck that it works for me.
But it does not seem to be a regression.

Regards

RĂ¼diger