On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 2:17 AM, Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hm, it work for me on Centos 6 and 7. What lua packages have you installed?
> I only have the 64 bit versions installed. Do you have 32 bit versions
> installed as well?

The delta between the first attempt after installing lua-devel.i686 becomes;

/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/liblua.so when searching for -llua
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libm.so when searching for -lm
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libcrypt.so when searching
for -lcrypt
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libpthread.so when
searching for -lpthread
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libc.so when searching for -lc

Still not a failure, still clumsy, just louder. This is without Joe's patch.

That patch would benefit from extending the pkgconfig path to the specified
path given. If you look at the newest pcre logic, I've greatly simplified it
and (in theory) made it cross-arch build ready, but that is based on the
bin/lib-config schema and not pkg-config yet. I'd appreciate your feedback
before I propose inflicting it on all of our lib detection in trunk.

I'm currently fighting a one-liner with our current --with-libxml2 behavior
that would remain backwards compatible. Have not solved the lib path
issue at this moment, an -L/path/to/libxml2/lib/ may still be necessary.
Will propose this shortly. Joe's patch works around the immediate defect
and I'm happy to add a +1 there too once I try it out on ubuntu.