On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 9:10 PM, Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 6:56 PM, Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 10:04:30AM -0600, William A Rowe Jr wrote:
>>> Correct, as I said this may not be a regression, as it continues to locate
>>> /use/lib64 files.
>>>
>>> Modern ld is tolerant on linux at least when not in -Wall more. Other archs
>>> may not be so kind.
>>
>> r1825147 works for me on Fedora, so it probably breaks on Debian, I'll
>> wait to hear from buildbot...
>
> Works for me on Debian (9.3):
>
> configure:22729: checking for lua.h in /usr/include/lua5.3
> configure:22732: result: yes
> configure:23522: using '-L/usr/lib -llua5.3 -lm' for Lua Library

Though this is the "else" (legacy) branch.

$ pkg-config --list-all |grep ^lua
lua5.1-c++                     Lua - Lua language engine
lua53-c++                      Lua - Lua language engine
lua-5.3-c++                    Lua - Lua language engine
lua51                          Lua - Lua language engine
lua53                          Lua - Lua language engine
lua52                          Lua - Lua language engine
lua5.2                         Lua - Lua language engine
lua5.3                         Lua - Lua language engine
lua52-c++                      Lua - Lua language engine
lua5.1                         Lua - Lua language engine
lua-5.2-c++                    Lua - Lua language engine
lua-5.1                        Lua - Lua language engine
lua-5.3                        Lua - Lua language engine
lua-5.2                        Lua - Lua language engine
lua51-c++                      Lua - Lua language engine
lua5.3-c++                     Lua - Lua language engine
lua-5.1-c++                    Lua - Lua language engine
lua5.2-c++                     Lua - Lua language engine

So I'm not sure --atleast-version can work with Debian's Lua(s) since
it's in the name...