> Am 15.10.2018 um 15:58 schrieb Jim Jagielski <j...@jagunet.com>:
>
> Considering all this, I am changing my vote from a +1 to a -1. I was not able
> to trigger this error, but this shows, at least IMO, that TLS 1.3 support
> isn't quite yet tested enough to warrant a public release, unless we are
> super clear that it is "experimental" or "early access"...

I do not see it this black/white way.

We have found no regression with any SSL != OpenSSL 1.1.1.
We have not even found a bug with TLSv1.3 as such. What we have found is a
behaviour change in OpenSSL where our code relied on either changed or not well
documented behaviour.

We do not want to ship a version of httpd which has severe interop problems
with the released openssl 1.1.1.
HOWEVER: it is unclear, if this will not also trigger in some scenario when one
links 2.4.35 with OpenSSL 1.1.1.

I am all in favor of pushing a 2.4.37 immediately after this bug is fixed. We
will not solve any remaining problems by letting it stew in the repository.

-Stefan