On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 10:35 PM Felix Schumacher <
felix.schumac...@internetallee.de> wrote:

> Am 12.10.2018 um 22:30 schrieb Philippe Mouawad:
> > My 2 cents below.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 10:15 PM Felix Schumacher <
> > felix.schumac...@internetallee.de> wrote:

> manager
> >> prefer

> >> Would it be enough to create a new branch in our svn repository? That
> >> should be mirrored automatically to github.
> >>
> > I think it would be better to create a new github project
> >
> >> What would be the plan for releasing those plugins?
> >>
> > Move them to this repo
> > Create a plugin descriptor
> > Then they will live their end of life
> >
> >> If we donate them to someone outside of Apache, would we have to rename
> >> the packages and would old test plans still work?
> >>
> > I think we need to keep package name to avoid breaking existing plans.
>
> Well I believe my real question was, would the code stay inside the
> Apache JMeter project, or completely in the wild?
> I am not sure, that it would be a good idea to leave the namespace
> unchanged, when we release them into the non-apache-world.

My idea was to drop them from repo.
If we don't keep the name, we break plans.
If we keep them, do you think it's a blocker for releasing them into the
non-apache-world, even if we name the repository
apache-jmeter-legacy-plugins ?

If we need to keep them in JMeter repository, I don't see the gain as there
will be work to maintain this.

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.